We invite you to be partner in the UbuntuCare public-private initiative!
What is the Ubuntu Cloth Mask Campaign?
The campaign is a public-private initiative coordinated by the Western Cape Governemnt: Health (WCGH) to promote the wearing of non-medical cloth masks in public. This campaign seeks to complement the current social distancing, lock-down and hygiene practices adopted by (WCGH) to address the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Through your financial partnership we are able to achieve the following objectives of the campaign:
- Establishment of a collaborative community-based manufacturing network for interested persons/groups from socio-economically vulnerable communities whom require income security through the sewing of Ubuntu Cloth Masks. Fabric, cut per pattern, will be delivered to them, with finished masks collected for quality control in accordance with the Department specifications before distribution at community level.
- The rapid production of Ubuntu Cloth Masks by, and free distribution to, vulnerable communities identified by the Department.
- A responsive and inclusive public-private initiative approach to strengthen community-based measures to Stop The Spread of COVID-19.
How to order
- SHOP HERE
- The masks come in Adult and Kiddies size.
- With each purchase of a twin pack (pair of 2 masks), we will fund one mask for a vulnerable community member.
- Costing can be negotiated for orders above 5 000 units.
- The masks are available in plain colours and assorted prints,and packed with an instructional leaflet about how to wear a mask and other Covid-19 hygiene protocols.
If you would like to order for yourselves, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Acknowledgement – Tax Exemption Certificate
All eligible donations will be acknowledged by means of a Section 18a receipt to enable donors to claim tax rebates.
For more information please contact Harry Grainger, CEO: The Health Foundation, at email@example.com or 021 418 1580.